Friday, February 17, 2012

The Leonardo

I am a book nerd, a travel nerd, and really I just love to learn about pretty much everything I can. When a photowalk was announced for The Leonardo, I jumped at the chance to attend.

If you haven't been out to The Leonardo in Downtown SLC, you should get yourself there ASAP. There is so much to explore and learn about there, and I spent hours taking photos and learning about Utah, prosthetic limbs, stop motion animation, and making crafty things in the Lab. This was amazing for both kids and adults.

I spent most of my time with the Hylozoic Veil - it is completely fascinating. It responds to your presence, yet it is an inanimate object. Art and science coming together in a completely amazing way.

The also have a fabulous exhibit about the Human Rights Movement that was just beautiful. Its all images, and not hands-on interactive, but it is profound and moving nonetheless.

Bottom line, The Leonardo - go there!! I will definitely be returning again. 

The Hylozoic Veil at The Leonardo








Other attractions at The Leonardo






No comments:

Post a Comment